Follow us:

© 2024 Maninplace. All rights reserved.  A Community Interest Company, registered in England & Wales. Registered company no: 05965545.

About us
Armed Forces Covenant

Success stories
Honour Roll
Privacy Policy
Cookie Policy

Tel: 01952 248248
Email: admin@maninplace.org.uk

Support by:

home About Us Get Help News & Events Donate Honour Roll Contact Us

Further help

If you are aged 16-17 yrs, please make contact with Telford & Wrekin Council’s housing team for assistance.

Details can be found on the website.

KiP service

Visit the KiP website here.

KiP Telford is an appointment based service offering assistance to people presenting as homeless or rough sleeping in the Telford & Wrekin area.

The team is ready to help and will give people assistance with the following:

Where to find KiP

The KiP centre is located at:

Tan Bank

Operating times

Mon    0900 - 1630
Tue    0900 - 1630
Wed    0900 - 1630
Thu    0900 - 1630
Fri    0900 - 1630

    Last appointment, 3pm

Sat   Closed
Sun   Closed

Accessing help if you are rough sleeping

When to call?

The best time to access services if you are rough sleeping, is during the day, when there are more team members and services available to assist you. However, we appreciate there may be times when this is not possible.

Who to call?

If you are homeless or rough sleeping and you have not yet registered your homelessness, please contact the local rough sleeper charity, KiP, during their normal office hours to arrange a registration appointment.

Call: 01952 924007, or email at: support@kiptelford.com

They will arrange a date and time with you to visit the KiP support centre in Wellington, during which they will ask questions about your current living circumstances and support needs, helping to direct you to the right services thereafter.

Calling after office hours:

If you are calling after 4:30 pm on a weekday, or during public holidays and weekends, you need to contact Telford & Wrekin Council’s Housing team.

Call: 01952 381925.

What will happen next?

Rough sleeper verification

Once you have contacted and notified the local council’s Housing team that you are rough sleeping, they will arrange for you to be verified by the Outreach team. Once verified, support will be offered to you by the Outreach worker at your current location.

Out of hours Council support staff will liaise with Maninplace for possible access to emergency accommodation, if space is available.

If an emergency bed is available:

If Maninplace has an available bed space within its emergency accommodation, the Council’s out of hours team will pass on your personal details to our Homelessness team, who will contact you thereafter.

We may ask additional questions about your circumstances and support needs. If a night-by-night bed space can be offered to you, our team will then provide you with details of when and where to attend, along with any directions if needed.

NB: Spaces are limited and will often already be at capacity by the end of normal office hours. It is helpful to call KiP earlier in the day for registration and potential referral, wherever possible.

Couples of families

Maninplace can accommodate single people and those aged 18 years or over.

If you are under the age of 18 or you are a person or couple with children, Maninplace will be unable to provide you with the assistance you need. In such circumstances, please contact the Telford & Wrekin Council Housing team as soon as possible on: 01952 381925.